What is the Fellows of the Future programme?
Recognising that there is currently a lack of top talent at the senior levels of the procurement profession CIPS, through its Fellowship community, is seeking to identify and nurture those within the profession who have the potential to become future leaders.
Current CIPS Fellows are instrumental to the programme providing guidance, help and support to those wishing to move to Fellowship. Fellows can sponsor up to five Fellows of the Future at any one time: working together the CIPS membership team and CIPS’ Fellows identify those invited to join the Fellows of the Future programme.
The Fellows of the Future programme provides the opportunity for existing Fellows to become mentors to these future leaders to encourage such retention and to continue to promote procurement as a career of choice.
What does the programme involve?
Aimed to help Fellows of the Future maximise their application to full Fellowship by providing them with opportunities outside of their normal remit to:
- Learn from leaders of the profession
- Participate in leadership and soft skills workshops
- Access knowledge of procurement in different sectors
- Work with organisations on real-life practical assignments to problem solve a challenge being faced by procurement either generally, regionally or within a specific sector.
- Attend events open only to senior procurement professionals
- Interact and converse with senior professionals outside of their own sphere of contact
- Add to their public good portfolio
- Facilitate and extend networking amongst their own peer group globally.
Those accepted on the programme will be invited to join a closed Fellows of the Future LinkedIn Group plus attend the main forum to be held in November. There will also be the opportunity to attend selected other networking and knowledge events aimed at our most senior professionals.